What Do I Believe and More Importantly WHY?
Everyone of us believe in something or some philosophy
...and WHAT you believe will effect how you THINK and ACT
Colossians 2:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Proverbs 23:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.
1. Individualism – Americans love the rugged individualist, the person who marches to a different drummer and all that, but when individualism is cut loose from any sense of community, tradition and truth it brings chaos. It’s true that each individual is a unique and eternal creation of God, but he finds his fulfillment in something greater than just himself. I sometimes think the national anthem of America should be changed to Frank Sinatra’s “I Did it My Way”. Individualism has now gone to such an extreme that every person feels they can do what they will as long as they harm no one. The problem with this is that is exactly the creed of the Satanist: “Do what you will, but harm not one.” By the way–the “harm no one” phrase is a recent addition to the diabolist’s creed to make it more “nice people friendly.”
2 Sentimentalism – Relativism means there is no such thing as truth. If there is no truth, then the only way a person has to decide what to believe and how to behave is according to how they feel. Sentimentalism is the heresy of determining everything about how we feel. The problem with this is that without any system of revelation and truth the emotions are soon reduced to two basic and elemental emotions. Discerning truth actually brings subtle gradations of emotion and different feelings. Without truth only two remain: rage and ecstasy. So in our society we see hordes running after sheer pleasure as fast as they can and when something does not bring them pleasure they respond in rage. NOT GOOD!
3. Indifferentism – If there is no such thing as truth, then it doesn’t matter what you believe and it doesn’t matter what religion you belong to. What is the most sure fire thing for destroying not only the Church of Christ , but also other forms of Christianity? Indifferentism. If you choose your belief system according to how you feel (sentimentalism) then any religious choice must be as good as any other. It doesn’t take long to figure out that if any form of Christianity is of equal value, then every religion must be of equal value and if every religion is of equal value, then not having a religion must be of the same value. Attend the church of your choice is a set up invitation-Yikes!
4 Universalism – is the belief that everyone is going to heaven. Semi-universalism is the hope that everyone will go to heaven and the belief that “maybe there is a hell, but it is empty or if some people go there for a time they don’t stay there forever” You can see how universalism is an outgrowth of indifferentism. If it doesn’t matter what you believe, and if all belief systems are of equal value, then it must also be true that everyone goes to the same afterlife. Relativism is rooted in the Satanic idea that all distinctions must be obliterated. Thus at every funeral the pronouncement is that the person that died (no matter if they ever obeyed God in life) is heaven bound. How convenient!
5. Egalitarianism – By this I don’t mean the innate worth that all human beings have by virtue of being created in God’s image. That’s a good thing. However, when egalitarianism takes a political and ideological form it serves not to preserve the equal rights of all people, but to destroy distinctions between people. The Bible teaches that all people are equal in the sight of God, but all people are also unique. Each person has a unique place in God’s providence and a rightful place in his plan. Reducing everyone to the same lowest common denominator is always the work of the tyrant. Look anywhere at the revolutionary movements and you will see the obliteration of the rightful dignity of the individual by the forces of communitarianism.
6.Materialism – By this I don’t mean “shop until you drop”. That is just a symptom of a deeper problem. Materialism is the heresy that assumes there is no supernatural world. It is a kind of default atheism. Our society is stuffed full of people (many who go to church) who only ever see the material aspect of life. Their belief system is “What you see is what you get”. They assume that only what is known by way of the senses is real. They might go to church, but they live and behave as if there is nothing other than this physical world.
7. Scientism – This is the common assumption–linked with materialism–that the only valid knowledge is scientific knowledge. If something cannot be scientifically proven then it is either an intentional lie or the stuff of fairy tales, legends and folklore. The assumption that science has disproven religion and that all religious people are stupid, ignorant superstitious hicks runs through the mainstream media, higher education and the popular culture. Few stop to examine it, and when they ask for “evidence” they don’t even know what kind of evidence they are looking for. The assumption is . Science is true. Religion is false. This "ism" is promoted heavily on our college campuses across the country by many college professors that do not believe in God and know little to nothing about the Bible!
8. Utilitarianism – If it works it must be good. Utilitarianism is also an outgrowth of materialism. If there is no heaven, hell or judgement, then the way to live (says the utilitarian) is to bring about the greatest good for the greatest number. Unfortunately it is not easy to determine first of all what is truly good and then how to attain it. Invariably utilitarianism is linked with an ideology of some sort–usually economic and political and the “greatest good” is forced on people by the tyrant. “You will be happy. You will join our brave new world. You will support our utopia.”
9. Historicism – This is the belief that “history is bunk”. The Christian believes in Divine Providence–history is “His Story” as my Sunday School teacher would say. Historicism draws the conclusion from relativism that if there is no truth, then there is no God and if there is no God then there can be no over arching narrative for history. What we see as a pattern or a plan is simply our attempt to impose some sort of meaning on history. History, for the historicist, is simply a random sequence of events that influence the way the human race goes. Some people get rich. Some people are poor. There are wars. One side wins. One side loses. So it goes. Furthermore, if there is no meaning to history there is also no meaning to your own life.
10. Progressivism – The irony is that the modern person will believe in historicism on the one hand–in which there is no over arching narrative of history, but he will at the same time believe in progress. Growing out of belief in evolutionism (by this I mean the ideology of evolution–not the scientific theory) the modern person assumes that because of evolution we are getting better and better every day in every way. If it is new it must be better. If it is the latest fashion, trend or idea it must be better than what has gone before. They hold to this fantasy despite the fact that the twentieth century was the most bloody, barbaric, cruel and disastrous century humanity has ever seen, and the twenty first century does not seem to be unfolding any better.
11. Catholicism – One of the biggest deceptions in religious history was the invention of the Roman Catholic Church. This is said from a Biblical perspective. You cannot argue this fact unless you have already rejected the Bible. The traditions of the Catholic Church are NOT inspired. Nearly every cult in the world claims inspiration to some writings written by false prophets. The Seventh Day Adventists teach that the writings of Ellen G. White are inspired. So also do Mormons claim inspiration to the Book of Mormon. This "ism" deceives like the others by rejecting the ONLY God-breathed Book on this planet, the Bible. When you study history Catholics did not claim to be Christians, in fact to be a Christian was to be a heretic! https://www.answers.com/Q/Did_Catholics_kill_Christians
Over one billion people are Catholic and either do not know or ignore their paganistic and evil history like they ignore the molestation of millions of children in some of their churches.
12.Feminism – We are living in perilous, as foretold in 2nd Timothy 3:1-5 , when Christians are divorcing at the same rate as the unsaved. This is a direct result of feminism, which has trained women to be intolerant of a less than perfect husband. Communism is the mother of feminism, abortion, birth control, children’s rights, immoral rights, and the homosexual movement. God loves everyone and so should any Christian but this "ism" movement promotes the notion that women have always been unquestionably and historically worse off than men. Therefore many women have been led to abandon the need and use of men and become in their own way the "man" in the home, church and in society. This destructive philosophy has left untold numbers of women alone, angry, frustrated, unprotected, abused and empty.
13.Atheism – New statistics are showing how America is losing it's faith and Biblical understanding is scary and is the most dangerous trend in America when you consider the consequences of this "ism". An Atheist is a person who believes that no deities exist (especially, one who has no other religious belief). (broadly) A person who rejects belief that any deities exist (whether or not that person believes that deities do not exist).This phenomenon can be directly attributed to the incredible power of social engineering on a global scale by the elite. These elitist are capable of leveraging their obscene amounts of dynastic wealth in countries all over the world in ways that can totally transform the religious and ideological dynamics of a nation in one generation or less. The Bible teaches us that the, "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good." Psalm 14:1. We believe we can undo their evil bidden by encouraging many to wake up before it is everlasting too late!
14. Denominationalism – Can be traced back to Reformation movement when men like Martin Luther rejected the corruption of Catholicism with their Popes and Priest, The Worship of Mary, Purgatory, The Mass, and Image Worship. The problem was rather than people going back to the one church found in scripture BEFORE there was a Catholic Church, they attempted to reform or change the corruption of the Catholic Church. From this effort came the doorway to Protestantism which has sprouted to over 4000 denominations teaching different ways to worship God, different plans of salvation, different church names that are not found in the Bible. The apostle Paul condemned this practice in I Corinthians 1:10-13,
10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?"
The answers to these questions is obviously NO!
The existence of Denominations violate this verse of scripture! There are to be NO divisions (denominations) among us!! Are you in a denomination?
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they ALL may BE ONE; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Did you know who prayed this prayer? Jesus Christ! The one who built His ONE church. Did you hear WHY He prayed that we ALL be one? So "that the world may believe that God the Father sent Him." Did you know that EVERY DENOMINATION that exist today is in contrast to JESUS and His Prayer! Also this confusion (I Corinthians 14:33) is not from God and has created Atheist and Agnostic people all over the world!!